Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Recent Happenings










The past month has been fun, exciting, stressful and sad. As mentioned in a previous post, my father-in-law, Donald Carter, passed away November 25th. Lucy and I had traveled home for Thanksgiving on the 21st and stayed in Dublin, GA with her Mom until November 30th. I'm so glad that his entire family was in town (Tim lives in Jackson, MS and Lucy/I live in Greenville, SC) and by his bedside.

I was able to attend the UGA/GAtech game w/ my sister on November 24th. I've been to most of the UGA/tech game in the last decade and they're almost ALWAYS rainy and cold! We're lucky to avoid the rain this year, but the wind was whipping through downtown ATL. After the final score (31-17), I'm sure the Tech fans felt worse than we did! GO DAWGS!

I also traveled to the Lyndon House gallery in Athens, GA for the opening of a show I have pieces in. The show is titled "Between Thought and Expression: A lifetime of Athenocentric Cartoons". I am honored to have been asked to display four pieces along side many names I recognize included an illustration hero, Jack Davis. As you see from the pic, I have a piece just to the right of one of Davis' originals - might be the only time I have this honor!!!!

Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home