Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Are you ready for some foooootball (college, that is!)

Game week is upon us and I'm ready to go! My fall Saturdays are quickly filling up as plans are made to travel across the Southeast. It seems if I'm not going to a football game, I'm probably at a wedding.

Here is how my upcoming weeks look:

September 1st - UGA vs OKst
I've got two tickets - one for me and my sis)

September 8th - UGA vs SC
I actually have no tickets for this game, but friends are using this as a 'reunion' game. I'll of course be there along w/ my sis, Melanie and her fiance Brad (driving from TN), Lucy's brother Tim and his girlfriend Kristy (driving from MS), and an old friend Frank along w/ his girlfriend. As far as I know, no of us has tickets so we'll probably end up at the Georgia Theater watching the game, but just enjoying seeing everyone together again.

September 15th - UGA vs Western Carolina
I make every year that a good friend of mine, Randy Starley, makes it to at least one game. Turns out UGA had a few extra tickets for sale recently so I bought two of them.

September 22nd - TN vs ARst
My sis, Melanie, recently started a doctorate program at the University of TN and I'm using this weekend to visit her. She bought two tickets for us. It'll be my first trip to Neyland Stadium, one of the largest stadiums in the country (105k).

September 29th - David Cunio's wedding in Nashville
I'll be the best man so Lucy and I will be making our second trip to TN in as many weeks. We'll arrive on Thursday and come back on Sunday.

October 6th - UGA vs TN
This will be the third consecutive weekend Lucy and I travel to TN and the 2nd time I go to Neyland stadium in three weeks. I know Melanie has at least one ticket so we need at least one more for me (Lucy doesn't care if she goes or not!!! booooo). Should be a good game - TN probably has a stronger team than UGA this year due to UGA's lack of experience, but my alma mata has OWNED TN at Neyland since '01.

October 20th - GATech vs Army
To get UGA vs GATech tickets this year, I took the route of buying through the GATech athletic department. They sale '3-game flex packs' (I can choose any three games to buy). This was one of the 3 games I bought due to it fitting in my schedule. My good friend, David, is a former GATech student so he wanted to go to this game due to it being GATech's homecoming.

November 1st - GATech vs VATech (Thursday night ESPN game)
This was the 2nd of three games I bought through GATech. This should be one of their biggest games of the year and it's a nationally televised ESPN game. Should be fun - GO HOKIES!

November 24th - UGA vs GATech
Finally....the game that I bought all the other GATech tickets for. GATech has a solid team this year and should compete again for the ACC title, but by this time, I expect UGA's freshmen to have gained valuable experience. It'll be a close one but UGA pulls it out.


Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home