Thursday, June 14, 2007

Party like it's 1987!

Lucy and I had the opportunity to timewarp back to 1987 last night by attending something I never thought I would - a Poison concert! Yep..that Poison..."Unskinny Bop"...."I want action"... "Every rose has its thorn".....do any of those songs job your memory?

A coworker, and former 'hair-band' devotee, of Lucy's bought 4 tickets for himself, his wife and another couple. When the couple backed out, Lucy and I were the fill-ins. I have to admit..as a former 'hair band fan' myself, I think I knew every song and was able to sing along to most. The show was fun and their energy surprised me the most. They've been performing these songs for 20+ years but looked/acted liked they enjoyed it! And why not...they're making a living playing music! I think this is what I took away from the concert - try to find a job you enjoy.

The experience really took me back to my childhood - my sister (the bigger fan of Poison - I was more of a G'N'R fan) and I listening to a casette tapes. I called her on my cell during the show hoping she'd recognized the song, but to no avail. After talking to her on the phone today and laughing, maybe she'll try to find a way to party like it's 1987 all-over-again.

Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home