Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Patty's Weekend


Lucy and I are headed to ATL for the weekend to visit one of her old friends, Larissa. We'll be bringing the 'boys' of course. Larissa also happens to have two sausage dogs so it'll be a puppy-fest weekend.

I do believe we've been roped into doing a 5k on Saturday morning (race for charity). This is significant for me because it'll be the first time I've run on pavement (or concrete) in over a year. I really don't know when was the last time....probably sometime in Spring '06 in Mission, KS. And guess what...I DON'T MISS IT! My trail running mileage has been picking up over the past month after a bad start to the year. I've been averaging 20-25 miles/wk lately w/ several long back-t0-back runs. I have no race planned in the immediate future, but would love to attend the KC Trail Nerd's new race, the Free State 20/40 miler, in April. There would be no way for me to finish the 40-miler so I would settle for the 20. The trails in Lawrence, KS where the race is held (Clinton Lake to be specific) are great. I got the chance to do them several times while I was there. I'll keep running/training and see how work goes for me. If I get the chance, I'll be there!

I've got several jobs I'm working on now. I'm in the middle of finishing the '07 KC Marathon T-shirt and 'finisher' medal. I'm working on a cover for the UGA alumni magazine and an upcoming postcard for the UGA Alumni Association. I'm also designing a brochure for the KC Trail Nerds and T-shirt for the previously mentioned 'Free State' Trail race.

Business is good!

To increase the 'cute factor', here is a pic of Roscoe barking at the TV. He doesn't like to see dogs, cats, horses, cows.....basically ANY ANIMAL on TV, and he'll run up to the screen and start barking. Apparently he doesn't like 'fast-break points' either 'cause he starting barking at the screen after a viscious dunk during the NCAA tournament last night.
G

Site Meter

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

I'm so happy you're so busy! That is very awesome. Have a great time in ATL and be careful on that pavement. And it's only 5k, it will be over in like 40 minutes. :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Breeves2000 said...

They had a couple of sausage dogs too huh? I guess "puppy fest" sounds better than you going to a sausage fest! Just kidding man. We miss you. Hope things are going well. Keep us informed!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Breeves2000 said...

We were thumbing through our newly arrived issue of Trailrunner and Allison was reading an article which was VERY pertinent to her right now when I spotted some artwork that I recognized. Congrats. Keep up the good work!

12:08 PM  
Blogger lizcjones said...

Very cute photo. I bought a copy of the Savannah magazine you did. And I see your work every time I get one of the Georgia Magazines. Glad things are going so well!!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home