Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's been tooooo long between updates!







Wow! I can't believe I've wanted this long to add an update. So much has happened over the past month and half that I might break it up into multiple posts.

November was one of the busiest months I've had freelancing. My first 'official' postcard mailing was a success bringing in multiple new clients. My next postcard is printing now and should be in the mail in the next few weeks.

I visited my sister, Melanie, in Waco, Texas in mid-December to help her work on her new home. I was there for 5 days and believe me, it was no pleasure trip. We usually worked for 6-8 hours a day scraping old paint off their 2-story home, painting hallways, doortrims, rooms, etc. We really accomplished a lot in less than a week. I've attached some pics of her house. You can see how much effort it took scrapping old paint - I spent 10+ hours on a ladder.

After working, Melanie, Brad, myself and two dogs (Hank and Porter) drove 16+ hours to GA to visit the parents for Christmas. If you can believe it, the dogs were great the entire trip - Hank slept and Porter chewed on his new toy. Brad drove the first half and I wrapped up the 10pm to 6am shift going from Jackson, MS to Dublin, GA.

Lucy met us in GA for Christmas where we stayed from the 22nd to the 27th. The folks are doing great and it was nice to be back home. Our family loooooves to eat so there was more than enough food for everyone.

Lucy and I only bought one thing for each other - and we already knew what it was - TWO 'lil Daschund puppies which we named Otis and Roscoe. Otis is a black/tan while Roscoe is a dapple (like a tiny blue-tick hound). They were frightened at home in GA because all of Hank, Porter, and Dixie, the family bulldog, but they've settled in nicely in Greenville. I've never had an 'inside' pet. While growing up in the country, my pets were all outside so they required little supervision. The two news pups are a different story. I'm constantly saying 'no', 'take that out of your mouth', 'let's go outside!', etc. I am slightly illergic to animals (mainly cats or long-haired dogs), but I'm doing alright with Otis and Roscoe. It's too late now though....Lucy would probably get rid of me before she gave up her babies!

On a sad note, Brad and Melanie's home was burgularized while they were in GA over Christmas. The robbers took anything valuable - TV, computer, guitar, some jewelry, etc. They even took half-used liquor in the freezer. Due to some helpful 'informants', they're pretty sure they know who did it. It just so happened it was a guy who was helping w/ the plumping and he knew they would be away for almost 2 weeks. The guy had loose lips and told the wrong person who contacted Melanie and Brad. Right now, nothing has happened - the cops are gathering statements and Melanie and Brad have been staying in a hotel for the past fews days due to their home 'not being secure'. Today they installed a new door (which the burgular broke into) so they should be at home tonight. I wish them luck and hope I never have to go through this. Too bad the attached pics are BEFORE their home was burgularized. Melanie said it was/is severly trashed.

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A THIEF!!!!


Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home