Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mr. Awakeat4am TriathlonMaaaaaan

As I'm sitting here getting my running gear together for a 6am trail run tomorrow, I remembered this email I received a few weeks ago.

I'm sure everyone has heard the Budwieser 'Real Men of Genius' radio spots now. You know....they have the cheesy, 1980s 'RReeallll Meeeen of GEEEEENIUUUUS' intro music followed be a serious talking narrator who gives tribute to whom he sees fit. Even though I haven't heard this particular one on the radio, it easily could be.


Bud Light Presents...
Real Men of Genius
(Real men of geEEEeeeinuuuUUuus)

Here's to you, Mr. Awake at 4 am Triathlon Man.
(Mr. Awakeat4am TriathlonMaaaaaan)

In your lycra and drifit armor, you emerge into the early morning darkness
to battle the hordes of others that also don't know the meaning of ...

"sleeping in on Sunday."
(Better set that alarm twice)

While the rest of the world sleeps, you're dutifully slathering your
crotch with vasaline.
(squishin' and slidin')

For you, abusing your body with an early morning run simply won't cut it.
You tack on a swim and a bike ride... just because you can.
(doOOOOOOooooon't forget the Bengay)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, you trisporting Titan. You monster of
the mile marker. Because the only thing tougher than a three sport event
first thing in the morning, is a four sport event ... and that's just insane.

(Mr. Awakeat4am TriathlonMaaaaaan)


Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

A fun post.

Bad Ben
(Mr. Run through spiderwebs early in the morning man)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Breeves2000 said...

HOLY CRAP that's funny. I totally had that commercial going through my mind as I read it. You should submit that one! NICE!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home