Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My latest runs in the heat

I've been getting back into the groove with my trail running the past few weeks. As the heat and humidity rise, my running seems to get stronger! I've come to realize after a year in KC that I'm a 'warm-weather runner'. Living here has allowed me to run when the weather is pushing 100 degrees and when it's near zero. Between the two, I prefer the scorching hot! I can't warm up when it's cold and my muslces stay stiff which leads to tripping while on trails. This past winter on a night-run at 4 degrees, I tripped due to me running 'tight' and drove my knee into a rock. It felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat across the knee. I of course, called my run short that night and stumbled back to the car. The point is: I'm loving the 90-degree weather and being able to take my shirt off and zip through the woods! The 'less layers the better' I always say!


Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home