Thursday, April 27, 2006

My new toy


As a relatively new freelancer in illustration, money is not something I have a lot of. This past weekend, I threw caution to the wind and broke the bank: spent some money on a new mountain bike. My old bike was just that...OLD! I bought it just after graduating college. Everytime I took it to the shop, it would cost me $75 - new brakes, tires, etc. It was a entry-level bike in the first place costing me only $300 brand new. Instead of dropping that much money on repairs, I spent the extra cash and bought a new one. It is a TREK 4500 - the next level up from my old bike. It's still an entry-level bike but perfect for the amount of riding I do. I also bought some lights for the night-riding I plan on doing!

Yeah...another way to hurt myself!!!!


Site Meter

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Nice bike!
Maybe you can get some tips from Good Ben on how to hurt yourself.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Breeves2000 said...

Oh I'm FULL of those types of tips! That's a lovely new toy ya got there. Too clean though. We can take care of that as soon as you take off those newby reflectors!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Nice ride! Now we need to BLING it up, so that it will weight about 200 pounds and then you will get a real workout. Also artists are poor, so thank you Lucy for buying Shen some new wheels.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home