Sunday, March 12, 2006

strange day of weather

You never knew what the weather was gonna give you yesterday. The morning started out warm and sunny so I thought I would enjoy the day with some biking or running. Instead of I was startled out of a nap with tornado sirens! Most of the eastern border of Kansas had a tornado warning with the worst storm centered near downtown KC - about 10 away from me. Luckily, my home didn't see the hail or rain that was only miles away. The storms slowly moved to the northeast - exact the opposite direction from me! Good stuff.

Within 45 minutes of hearing the first siren, it was SUNNY again! Well, I started getting my bike ready to go outside, ate some lunch, but then the clouds rolled in. Let's just say I thought it best to just have a lazy Sunday instead of rolling the dice with this fluxuating weather.

That night, I sketched at the local coffee shop for about an hour. It was very warm and felt like a wonderful night to be outside. Welp...to keep up the trend for the day, a huge storm was coming in the distance filled with high winds and lightening.

Wierd. But I was lucky the bad storms seem to stay away from me. Lawrence, KS got it bad (classes are closed tomorrow with 60% of the campus bldgs damaged) along with Columbia, MO. This link shows an accident only about 45 minutes from my apartment.


Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger jstarley05 said...

I figured the wacky weather is one thing you won't miss about Kansas. Just keep safe.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home