Friday, February 17, 2006

Another WYCO update

All the finishing times from Psycho Wyco have been posted now. At first, I was just happy to finish and not worried about my times. Later, I saw the times and felt pretty good with my finish (23rd out of 43 finishers; 3rd in my age group [20-29]; 6hrs: 40min finishing time). Now, six days after the race, I'm a little disapointed with my finish because I KNOW I could do much better if I could have trained. I didn't 'bonk' and my breathing was perfect, but I didn't put enough 'time on my feet' to stay mobile for a 50k. My weak ankles and flat feet couldn't take it - evident by the swelling for days afterwards. Nothing bothers me more than not doing my best. Not that I think I didn't do my best DURING the race...I just didn't do my best getting ready for it.
Of course, I said I would never do another race like that again as I limped around this week. But maybe my ego and desire to keep pushing myself will get the best of me. Besides....there is a 50-miler coming up in April!!!!!!

Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home