Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Snowy run

Instead of doing a night run with the trail group, I decided to head out on my own and do a loop at WYCO. Since I'm trying to get in better shape as fast as I can for the upcoming race there, I figure what better way to train than on location!
What started out as an overcast, chilly run became a snowy mud fest! The snow felt great against my face as I charged down the hills. What I didn't like was the mud though. Some of my running breathren like to slip and slide through the trees. I don't. I prefer to ZOOM and while zooming....I prefer TRACTION! I didn't wear my spiked trail shoes either ('spiked' as in drilled screws in the bottom) so about midway through the first lap, I was doing more walking than running. At that point, I jogged around the lake on the paved highway. It was still fun to be the only person out and to see the hazy snow in the distance, but pavement running can't compete. My trail run will just have to continue at another time when I wear the proper muddin' shoes.

Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Awesome lonesome run, man.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home