Friday, December 23, 2005

Back in GA

After an aggravating day of state hoppin', Lucy and I are back in GA. I spent yesterday visiting Macon, the place I lived for a year before moving to KC. Macon gives me mixed emotions: I love to see my old friends, go to my favorite coffee shop (they gave me my latte free yesterday!) and run on one of my favorite trails. Along with the good comes the bad though. Macon isn't a great city. A lot of areas aren't 'safe'. It has gotten better over the last few years - the downtown where I lived has been restored but it seems more and more people are leaving Macon for other areas (Warner Robins, Perry, etc.). Also, I really grew sick of my job in Macon. Driving down some of the streets brought back the same 'sick' feeling I had when I worked - a dread of having to do the same boring jobs with no hope of creativity involved. I had to remind myself that I wasn't working there....just visiting!
I'm sure I'll go trailrunning again soon and will bring my camera. I'd like to show my Kansas friends my Macon trails. Maybe I'll get to Athens over the holidays and take some trail photos there too!

Site Meter


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home