Monday, January 09, 2006

WYCO trail run

Just got back from a wonderful run at Wyandotte Co. Park (WYCO), the site of the 'Psycho WYCO' race I'm running in February. The course is an extremely difficult 10+ mile, single-track loop, but the race will be THREE times around . Ben Holmes, the organizer of the Psycho WYCO, and the 'KC Trail Nerds', have put a lot of effort in making the course as challenging as possible and is easily the hardest I've ever run. Saturday morning, we worked on about 1.5 miles of track and the group (without me) ran two loops. Since I was unable to make it, I decided to get my butt out there today.

The race is coming up fast and I haven't been training as hard as I need to. With the 2-week vacaction back home in December, all the good (i.e. 'fattening') foods during the Holidays, and ANOTHER trip to GA next week for my friend's wedding, it's been hard to keep any regular schedule. I'm gonna really have to pick up the pace over the next few weeks and will try to 'hit the trails' most days even for short runs. The hardest thing for me isn't the breathing but the long time spent on my flat feet. My feet along with my knees will start aching soon after one lap I'm sure.

I've never considered myself a 'runner', but a person who likes to run. I enjoy pushing myself and my limits and is probably the reason I do it anyway. The marathon I finished back in October was hard enough but this 50k coming up on a much harder course will really test me!
All I can do is work hard up to that point and give it the 'ol college try! Wish me luck!

Oh, I design the shirt for the race so I gotta represent. I'll try and post some photos of the course after my next run there.

Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

You'll do fine, Jason!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home