Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Last run before the 50k








Today, I got to hit the WYCO trails for the last time before Saturday, raceday. I ran one full loop and finished in 1:45 minutes which I'm satisfied with. The race will be three loops but I doubt I will be able to keep that pace. On the third lap, I'll probably be delusional, seeing spots, and mumbling incoherently so the pace won't matter anyway. The most important thing for me is to run 'my race'. I know I'm not as good as my KC Trail brethren so I can't start too fast and try to keep up with them. They'll be racing to clock a fast time, but it'll be an accomplishment for me just to finish.
I've got my ipod full of songs, my new trail shoes in (broken in today), and I'm as in-shape as I'm gonna get before Saturday. The next few days, I'll take it easy, eat right, and get plenty of sleep! Wish me luck, and if I make it out of the woods and remember any of race, I'll write something about it!

I've uploaded some photos of the course I took several weeks ago. They really don't convey the change of elavation on the trail. Brutal. It's definitely the hardest course I've run.

Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger lizcjones said...

Good luck!!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home