Monday, February 06, 2006

Another hurdle down

This has been a busy start to my year. Just as it seems I can get back in a groove of work, making my own art, and exercise (my favorite things), something else comes up. I've already written plenty about the 3 weeks bouncing back 'n forth across the country, going to weddings, and finishing grad school applications. Just as I think I've wrapped everything up, my alternator and battery died in my car. Two hundred dollars and a wasted day later, maybe....just maybe...I can get started on work. Luckily it had just enough juice to make it home 'cause when it started having problems, I was about 30 minutes from home w/ no phone.

I've changed a few alternators before (2 on my old Buick and 1 on my friend, Sam's Buick) so I knew what to expect. There a big difference in my old Buick and my new Pontiac. Mainly it has to do with 'working room'. I could practically climb into the engine in my Buick - plenty of room to work! I had to take off three parts just to get to my alternator on the Grand Prix though....aggravations and busted knuckles ensued.

Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger jstarley05 said...

Those damn alternators!!!

4:03 PM  
Blogger shliknik said...

I forgot you guys had to ride in the back! Hahahahah! That's funny! I remember I tried to take out the alternator before I unhooked the battery....quite a fireworks display! I won't do that again!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home