Monday, March 06, 2006

The critter in our ceiling

Even though I'm typing in St.Louis (due to Lucy having to work here during the month of March), I feel like I'm back in Macon, GA. It seems like we have a 'critter' in our ceiling at our apartment back in KC. I say 'critter' because we don't know if it's a squirrel or a rat, but what we're CERTAIN of is that is scraps, scratches, and claws right above the bed most of the night.

While I lived in Macon in a 'not-so-nice', old home, the season of the year determined what 'critter' I had bothering me. During the winter, I had squirrels running laps in the ceiling. During the Spring, the birds bird a nest in the wall only 2-3 feet from my head and finally during the summer, bugs (roaches) LOVED to come inside the damp, old home.

After those experinces, you figure I'd be used to a pest bothering me, but this past Friday night was the worst. It started going to work around 11:00pm (just as we were going to bed) and only got louder as the night we along. Finally, we just got up, and played video games in my work room (it was still too loud to be in the living room) until 4:00am.

Being in St.Lous for the next few days have allowed us to escpape to quiet place to sleep. Hopefully the maintenance guys will find the 'problem' before I get back.

I hate critters....especially the ones that bother my sleeping.




Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger Breeves2000 said...

I'm normally against chemicals in nature, but when nature starts interfering with my sleep, ANYTHING is fair game. I think that'd be enough to make me climb up there with a flash light and play "Caddy shack" with some furry little creatures!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sorrel Sparks said...

If its a rat, try putting a light up there and a radio on, and it might just leave you be. I have pet rats, and they can be pretty annoying at night, especially when they play ninja assassins on each other! (they might strat chewing through wires tho, as apparently they taste mighty fine to rodents!) Good luck!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home