Monday, February 27, 2006

Constructive weekend

It always feels nice to get a lot of things done. This past weekend, Lucy and I accomplished a lot of things that may not have been fun, but were necessary. First, we had both of our cars serviced and had the brakes replaced in Lucy's car. She will be working in St.Louis during the month of March so we wanted to get this out of the way. I'll be making a few trips back and forth from KC to St.Louis so I'll be putting many miles of my car as well.

We then cleaned the apt. for the rest of the afternoon. We washed clothes, vaccumed the apt., did the dishes, and finally, swept the patio.

Lucy skipped town on my birthday (2-17) to go to a bachorlette party in ATL so we had planned to go out to eat at a nice restaurant Saturday night, Cafe Maison. It's part of the KC Originals group, a collection of nice, locally owned restaurants. They're pretty expensive so we go when we can. The place was great and I had some of the best bread puddin' I've ever eaten! Apparently, they have a spectacular Sunday brunch and I think we'll hit it before we head to St.Louis next weekend.

Sunday was the dreaded 'tax day'. We both went to H&R Block only a few miles from the apartment. For me, 2005 was split between a having a fulltime job in Macon, GA until May and moving to KC and having freelance as my sole income afterwards. I'm no tax expert but I tried to organize all my financial info - payments received, reciepts, etc. I went to H&R expecting to have to pay a lot of money, but luckily for me, I had a lot of 'write-offs' from everything I had to buy to start freelancing (mainly $4,000+ for a G5 and a huge scanner). I didn't get back much money but anything was a relief. Maybe Lucy will extend my birthday wishes and use some of the money she got back on me!

After a busy but constructive weekend, I headed out today to enjoy the beautiful weather here and do some mountain biking. As luck would have it, I not only popped the tube, but tore the tire itself only a mile into the ride. Add 'fixing bike' to the list of things to do NEXT weekend.

Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger lizcjones said...

I know. I was pleasantly suprised last year when I ended up losing money. I made a little this year though, so I'll have to see if it makes a difference. Austin got a pretty substantial refund last year, so we're hoping to get a good one this year too. We should, since we had to pay so much throughout the year. Anyway, we finally sent our tax stuff off last week, so we're just waiting to see what the verdict is.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home