Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Recovering

I'm in a recovery mode both physically and mentally. As most of my friends know, I ran a 50k back on February 11th. Physically, I really wasn't ready because I didn't (actually, wasn't able to due to travel/work) put in enough training miles. I did finish the race, but it definitely set my running back. After the swelling in my feet went down, my legs still felt weak and wobbly. Only in the last two weeks have I been able to up my milage to about 5 miles per run/twice a week. So far, so good, but I just have to keep trying!

Also, mentally, I'm adjusting to the news I got this week. SVA didn't accept me into their MFA illustration program. Bummer. Not to sound cocky, but I really thought I would be able to get in and was really looking forward to the experience of being in a artistically stimulating school environment, and moving to New York, the 'illustration capital (if there is such a thing!). The school didn't say what they based their decision on only saying in the letter, "we regret to inform you...",....yadda, yadda. You know it's never good news when you read that! It's just a case of me counting my chickens before they hatched.

With me receiving the grad school news this week, it clarifies Lucy and my future plans a little. Lucy has been looking for potential job all along (she's always prepared!) so she'll start interviewing soon. I know she's heard from hospitals at Auburn, AL and Greenville and Charleston, SC so she'll ultimately decide where we'll end up this fall - that's really how we ended up in KS anyway!! I will enjoy the move to a new place.....Not that I don't like Kansas (I will miss many things about it!), but moving is always exciting. It may not be New York....but what is?

For me, I'll have to push my freelance even harder since I know school isn't in the immediate future. I've been holding off sending out mailers because my website hasn't been updated in so long and didn't want the ADs to see the same images. Luckily, my good friend, Sania, is in the middle of rebuilding my site. (yeah!!!). Maybe by this summer, I'll be sending out the first round of my new mailers.

So my recovery continues.....the news I got this week maybe wasn't what I wanted, but the direction I'll be headed can be just as rewarding. I'll continue running, continue inking....and continue to stay positive!! (some new jobs would help with that last one!)

Jason


Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Jason,
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get into the NY school, but I'm glad to hear that you're taking it in stride. We don't always get everything we want in life. *Not even Donald Trump or any of the Rockefellers get things exactly their way.

Kansas isn't so bad for now.

Keep on running and happy trails,
Ben

*(New York reference)

1:18 PM  
Blogger lizcjones said...

Wow. It is their loss!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home