Monday, April 24, 2006

Saturday, April 22nd








This past Saturday, Lucy and I made the most of our day. We started our day by driving to Lawrence, KS to see an art show featuring a favorite illustrator of mine, John Hendrix. The show was entitled, "Dear Old Kansas" and was at the 'Signs of Life Gallery'. John is a relative newcomer to illustration and has been making it big for the past few years winning a few Society of Illustrators awards. He was a KU grad (in graphic design) before heading to NY to go to SVA's Illustration as Visual Essay program (which I didn't get into!!! #$Q#%$$#%). Anyway, his work has always jumped off the page to me (great colors!) but seeing it up close showed me how much detail he puts into each stroke. His work is all hand-done which I truly appreciate because I, too, prefer to paint by hand and try only to use photoshop when I'm pressed for time. Great stuff, John!

After Lawrence, Lucy and I, along with two of her coworkers, took in our first Royals game. Even though they were mired in an 11-game losing streak, Lucy and my 'mojo' was too strong and the Royals won! Lucy and I are regular 'streak breakers' this year. First, we attended our first Kansas Jayhawks football game last fall and they beat Nebraska for the first time in 36 games!!! Yowza! Even the Royals putrid play lately can't defeat us! What I'm truly disapointed about though is that the Royals didn't get 12 hits (ending their night at 11). At 12 hits, everyone in the stands get a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Even though they had 11 hits after 6 innings, they couldn't manage one...more...hits. My waistline thanks them though.

Here are some pics of our day.



Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home