Thursday, April 06, 2006

My new job

I never thought I'd really do it, but I actually worked in a grocery store today! It's not what you're thinking (me bagging groceries or working a register!). I actually gave out free samples of juice........intriqued now? Here is some background information.

My sister, Melanie, moved to Fort Worth, TX, to work for Bolthouse Farms as a sales rep.
The sales rep is asked to find a 'demo team', a group of people who set up a table at local grocery stores and give out samples of their juice. Melanie met the local KC sales rep for BH, Natalie, who mentioned she was looking for 'demo' people. Melanie mentioned I lived in the area....so a few weeks later, I'm a Bolthouse employee!

It's really a laid back job. Since I do freelance, I can work whenever I like, keep all the opened juice (which I buy anyway), and get a decent hourly wage for it. When I have plenty of freelance jobs, I won't work that week. But there are times when I need to get out of the house (and have human interaction) so why don't I get paid for it? The employees at the grocery store were great as well today. I started at 12:00 so I didn't eat lunch beforehand. The ladies around the store brought me samples to try: spicy chicken nuggets, chile, fresh fruit, and my juice! I actually ate better than I usually do!

I wish I would've brough my sketchbook though. There were plenty of times when I had five minutes to draw when noone was passing by the booth. Hopefully I can get some sketches over the next few weeks.

Never thought I'd be a juice salesman!


Site Meter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home