Friday, June 01, 2007

Steady with the exercise

I really have nothing exciting to report with my workout routine except that it has been steady over the past few months. I never want to feel like I 'have' to run....I do it because it's fun and I love to be outside. My routine is always flexible and I go when I can. Besides running 15-30 miles/wk depending on my work load, Lucy and I have been going to the gym 2-3 times/wk. I can really tell the added strength in my legs has helped me climb Paris Mountain faster! Besides helping during the actual run, the added strength helps in recovery time.

Speaking of recovery time, I usually have something hurting me that affects my running. If it's not my ankle, it will be my stomach. If both of those are fine, I'll get a blister. I cracked my big toenail during the Paris Mountain run last November that is almost healed, but the new nail is growing into the skin....so that was bothering me during my 10-mile run on Monday this week. Instead of running yesterday (and Tues), I took the mountain bike on the trail for few hours. Since I can't run doesn't mean I can't get outside!

I do all my trail runs at Paris Mountain due to it's proximity to my apartment. It's a great trail and you can easily vary your distance and terrain. I've been wanting to branch out and find new trails, but most are 30-45 minutes north closer to North Carolina. During my recent trip to the 'outdoor' store, I purchase a book that list all the trails in upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. The book lists directions to get there, the trail lengths, and terrain details and just quickly flipping through the book, you can see there are a varity of lengths and difficulties. I've convince Lucy to come with me Saturday morning so we can walk/run an easier trail. I haven't decide which we should go to, but it should be exciting!

Site Meter

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane A. Jones said...

Good call on that picture. Yes it's Jackson at SM park. We've been taking the kids out there to ride on the steamwat trail. Thanks for checking out my blog. You should come back for the Psummer Psycho. I'm pretty sure it will be hot.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home