Tuesday, February 19, 2008

weekend getaway















Welp...I finally got around to giving Lucy her Christmas gift - It's only a month and a half late. Actually this past Christmas, I gave Lucy a receipt.....a receipt for a weekend getaway to a cabin in Blue Ridge, GA, a small town in the north Georgia mountains. We were so busy around the holidays that I scheduled our trip for mid-February so we could make plans for it. I guess you could say it served as a Christmas/Valentines/birthday (mine - 31st) trip.

The weekend went wonderfully! The weather was perfect (mid-60s) which allowed us to visit downtown Blue Ridge and for me to run a few miles in the Chattahoochee National Forest. I only did about 5 miles...but it seemed like most of it was UPHILL! I brought my camera along so I had an excuse to stop and catch my breath. I had to preserved the moment, ya know (not of me gasping for air....but of the mountains of course!).

I had NO cellphone reception and Lucy's phone worked periodically (only had 1 bar though). Basically for three days, we sat around a fire or in a hot tub. We grilled and watch our doggies play in the woods! Can't beat that for a relaxing getaway.

I've always loved the mountains (MUCH more than the beach), and I think this trip converted Lucy to a 'mountain lover'. I'd love to move somewhere like Blue Ridge one day, but not right now. I'm addicted to (and need) stuff like....the internet....phones.....restaurants.....

When I become an old phogey though (not too long away I suspect), I'd love to get lost in the mountains though. Here are some pics from the trip.

Site Meter

2 Comments:

Blogger onmywaytoga said...

Hello,

In reading your blog mentioning Blue Ridge, GA, I thought I would let you know about our cabin rentals. We have 2 cabin rentals that are located in Blue Ridge, GA. If you visit Blue Ridge again, please consider staying in our cabins: http://www.CabinsPlusMore.com Thank you for your consideration,
Marian, Owner

4:11 PM  
Blogger Shane A. Jones said...

That looks like a cool trip. I should check your blog more often!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home